Author Topic: STIHL AUTO WARRANTY REGISTRATION  (Read 4939 times)

TSENGINE

• Forum Member
  • New
STIHL AUTO WARRANTY REGISTRATION
« on: May 03, 2012, 12:31:04 pm »
When will we be able to auto register Stihl southeast on Softbiz!

thanks,

Mike

azaayer

• c-Systems
  • New
Re: STIHL AUTO WARRANTY REGISTRATION
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:08:52 pm »
We would love to do that for you but we run into a problem with Stihl. Because their are so many ways the separate companies do warranties and they all use different formats to submit their warranties. If you would like to call Stihl and express the need for a universal standard of submitting warranties so that your business system could do this we can make it happen. They tend to listen to their paying customers on these kind of things. If they can do this we can make it happen!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:19:42 pm by jmiller »

TSENGINE

• Forum Member
  • New
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »
I think I worded it wrong. I'm talking about auto registering new products when they are sold.

jmiller

• Administrator
  • Regular
    • c-Systems Software
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 09:04:04 am »
Hey Mike, Adam previously responded and it does sound like he didn't quite understand what you were looking for. Adam is out today, but instead of waiting until he got back, I will try to help out. I'm the marketing director and forum administrator, so not directly involved with Softbiz, but I believe I know what you are looking for.

Last year, Stihl Corp made an agreement with MIC (Motorcycle Industry Council) to utilize their "PSP" product (Partner's Standard Protocol). So in response to your question, there is a Stihl "PSP" function that provides a way for the dealer's business system to automatically send product registrations back to Stihl. Fortunately, c-Systems had integrated our Infinity and Enterprise systems to PSP several years ago because of our affiliation with the motorcycle industry. Because of this, we were able to easily add Stihl PSP integration to those software products.

In the case of SoftBiz, integration to Stihl PSP hasn't been done yet. I spoke to programming management and he is going to speak with the SofBiz programmers about adding this feature to the software. I don't have a time frame, but it does sound like this is going to happen. When Adam gets back, I'll see if he can follow up and provide more details.

Regards,

Joe Miller
Marketing Director